Wednesday, Jan. 8, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Regular open sew session in the Bordeaux Room at Hickory Knob State Resort Park. Bring your project and supplies to enjoy a day of sewing and sharing. Lunch will be served in the restaurant.
Thursday, Jan. 16, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Regular open sew session in the Barn at Hickory Knob State Resort Park. Bring your project and supplies to enjoy a day of sewing and sharing. Bring your own bagged lunch and drink.
Thursday, Jan. 23, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Regular open sew session in the Bordeaux Room at Hickory Knob State Park. Bring your project and supplies to enjoy a day of sewing and sharing. Lunch will be served in the restaurant.
• Jan. 10-12: Women’s Fellowship: Friday at 7 p.m. with Evangelist Earline Tennant (Daughter of the House); Saturday at 3 p.m. with Pastor Melissa Spencer of Cokesbury Church; and Sunday at 4 p.m. with Missionary Jesse Hall of New Destination Church in Augusta, Ga. Everyone is invited, even men and youths.
• Jan. 11, 2020: Benefit program for Robert Jennings at 3 p.m. featuring the Flying Clouds of S.C., Golden Stars, Gospelaires, Gospel Eagles and others. Harry Burns is pastor.
The McCormick County Planning Commission will hold a workshop at 9 a.m., Saturday Jan. 11 at the McCormick County Chamber of Commerce office, 100 South Main Street, McCormick. During this workshop, Planning members will review the McCormick County Zoning Ordinance.
The community is invited to “MLK: An Evening of Reflection” on Friday, Jan. 17 at Lander University. Led by moderator Christ Thomas, director of the Benjamin E. Mays Historic Site, a panel of experts will offer insight into the life of Martin Luther King Jr. The program begins at 5 p.m. in the auditorium of the Abney Cultural Center and is FALS-approved for Lander students seeking credit.
• Jan. 19: Church anniversary celebrating 152 years of service to the Lord at 2 p.m. The speaker will be the Rev. Johnny Waller. Dinner will be served after the service.
• Jan. 19: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. commemorative service at 3 p.m. The speaker will be the Rev. Leonard Franklin Jr., pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Edgefield. The theme is “The King in Me.” Call 864-942-0970. The Rev. Fred M. Armfield is pastor.
McCormick County Government will be closed Monday, Jan. 20 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The Mims Community Center in Willington will hold its annual MLK Jr. March and Program on Monday, Jan. 20. The march will begin at the Little Mill Baptist Church at 10 a.m. and proceed to the Mims Community Center for the Program.
The Mims High School Class of 1968 will meet each month on the fourth Sunday at 4 p.m. at the MACK.
• Jan. 26: Spaghetti fundraiser following the church service. Plates will include spaghetti with meat sauce, slaw, garlic bread, dessert and tea. Dine in or take out. (Tea with dine in only.) $6 adults. $5 children (3-13). All proceeds to benefit a family in need at Christmas. VBS meeting at 1:30 p.m. at the fellowship hall. Anyone interested in helping with VBS is encouraged to attend.
The Burton Center Board for Disabilities and Special Needs meeting will be held on Monday, Jan. 27 at 11:30 a.m. in the Training Room at Burton Center, 2605 Hwy 72 221E, Greenwood, SC 29646.