• Sept. 1: Family and Friends Sunday at 3 p.m. The speaker is Prophet Michael Kennebrew.
All McCormick County government offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 2 in observance of Labor Day.
• Sept. 8: Homecoming. A covered dish luncheon will follow the worship service. Meat will be provided. Fundraiser: Framed color photos of Buffalo Baptist Church (with azaleas in full bloom) will be available for purchase at homecoming. $5 donation for 4”x6”. $10 donation for 8”x10”. All proceeds will go to replace the central heat/air unit for the sanctuary.
• Sept. 8: Homecoming service at noon. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Sarah Oliphant, pastor of Locket Chapel F.B.H. Church in Aiken.
• Sept. 11-13: Revival at 7 p.m. The revivalist will be the Rev. Ouida Bennon, pastor.
• Sept. 8-15: Janie Chapman offering for state missions.
The Gable reunion will be held at First Bethany Baptist Church on Sunday, Sept. 8 at 1 p.m.
• Sept. 8: Family and friends day at 3:30 p.m. The speaker will be Pastor Zellars of Solomon Pool Church in Lincolnton, Ga.
The McCormick High School Class of 1971 will meet Sunday, Sept. 8 at 5 p.m. at the home of Ulysses and Naomi Smith.
Community Threads will hold regular open sew sessions in the Bordeaux Room at Hickory Knob State Resort Park, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. No experience necessary. Bring your projects and enjoy a day of stitching.
Mark your calendars: Wednesday, Sept. 11; Thursday, Sept. 19; and Thursday, Sept. 26.
Community Threads is a program of the McCormick Arts Council at the Keturah (MACK). For more information, contact the MACK at 864-852-3216 or Belinda at quilting firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 15: Homecoming at 2 p.m. The speaker will be Minister Keith New of Macedonia Church in Augusta, Ga.
• Sept. 16-18: Revival at 7 p.m. The speakers will be as follows: Monday, the Rev. Adrian Wideman, pastor of Mt. Olive Baptist Church; Tuesday, the Rev. Paul Wharton, pastor of Shiloh A.M.E. Church; and Wednesday, the Rev. Quincy Baylor of Springfield Green Olive Church. The Rev. Betty Martin is pastor.
• Sept. 15: Homecoming at 11 a.m. This will mark 248 years since the church was organized. Cedar Springs A.R.P. Church will also be in attendance. Long Cane and Cedar Springs were sister congregations and formed one pastorate in the early 19th century. The Rev. Eldridge Kelley, retired A.R.P. minister, will lead the worship service and administer the Lord’s Supper. There will be a covered dish dinner at the social hall after the service.
The Bowick reunion will be held Sunday, Sept. 15 at 1 p.m. at Buffalo Baptist Church fellowship hall. Bring a covered dish and tea.
• Sept. 17-19: Revival at 7:30 p.m. Speakers are as follows: Tuesday, Pastor Alvin Rivers; Wednesday, Pastor Daravious Cullars; and Thursday, Pastor Tonita Coday.
No additional detail for this event.
• Sept. 21: Appreciation program for the Rev. Lebbie Ligon, pastor, at 1 p.m. The guest preacher will be the Rev. Willie N. Norman.
The Mims High School Class of 1968 will meet each month on the fourth Sunday at 4 p.m. at the MACK.
Military Training with use of Pyrotechnics at night and possibly during the day at Clarks Hill Training Site. Please call 443-2507 with any questions or concerns.
• Sept. 29 – Oct. 2: Revival services at 7 p.m. The guest preacher will be the Rev. Zach Little of Southside Baptist Church in Abbeville.
• Sept. 29: Church anniversary at 3 p.m. The speaker is Pastor Frankie Jones.
• Sept. 29: Seven Ups for Christ program at 3 p.m. representing the seven churches of Asia Minor: Ephesus, Pergamus, Laodice, Sardis, Thyatira, Smyrna and Philadelphia. For more information, call 864-942-0970. The Rev. Fred M. Armfield is pastor.