Nurse-Family Partnership in collaboration with Healthy Blue invites you to join them for a community baby shower for expecting mothers on Aug. 3 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Children’s Center, 113 Liner Dr., Greenwood. Our focus is to Inform, Engage and Educate mothers on the importance of a healthy pregnancy and community resources.
• Community Health Partners
• Raffle Drawings
• Lunch will be provided
And learn how Nurse Family Partnership could possibly help you during and after pregnancy. For more information contact Shannon at 803-995-2729.
• Aug. 4: Homecoming service at 11 a.m.
• Aug. 5-7: Annual revival services at 7:30 p.m. The Rev. Annie Anthony of Ebenezer Baptist will be the revivalist for Monday, and the Rev. Daniel Ramsey of Cedar Grove and Smith Grove Baptist Churches will be the revivalist on Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Aug. 4: Annual homecoming services begin with Sunday school at 9:30 a.m.
• Aug. 5-7: Revival at 7 p.m. The Revivalist will be Otis Cunningham from Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church. Dr. Linda M. Tucker is pastor.
• Aug. 4: Homecoming begins at 9 a.m. with church school.
• Aug. 5-7: Revival at 7 p.m. The speaker will be the Rev. Sara Oliphant, pastor of Aiken Lockett Chapel F.B.H. Church.
Learn More About Stem Cell Therapy in a Free Seminar – Thursday, August 9th at 6pm
Come join us as we welcome back the preferred provider of stem cells in South Carolina for a night of education, open discussions and live testimonies. Dr. Don Worley will be presenting at the River Grille. Seating is limited and reservation is required. To reserve your seat you can, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name and a call back number.
• What makes Palmetto Stem Cell Clinic, Preferred Provider
• Injury Assessment / Conditions Treated
• How Stem Cell Treatment Works
• Regenerative Healing
• Liveyon, the Best Product on the Market
• Live Testimonies
• Open discussion Q&A
Dr. Worley would also like you to enjoy some selections made by your very own Chef John from the River Grille. Make plans to join us tomorrow night and RSVP via email to email@example.com to reserve your seat!
• Aug. 11: Homecoming with the Rev. Sam Watkins bringing the morning message at 11 a.m. A covered dish lunch will follow in the church fellowship hall. The meat will be provided.
• Aug. 12-14: Revival with special music beginning at 6:45 p.m. The Rev. Sam Watkins will bring the message.
• Aug. 11: Annual homecoming service, beginning with church school at 9 a.m. and morning service at 10:15 a.m. The Rev. Hannie D. Milling Jr., pastor, will bring the message. Dinner will be served.
• Aug. 11: Homecoming at 11 a.m. Dinner will be served.
• Aug. 12-14: Revival at 7 p.m. The Rev. Karlton Howard is pastor.
The Jenkins family reunion meeting will be held Sunday, Aug. 11 at 5 p.m. at Geraldine Allen’s house.
Community Threads will hold regular open sew sessions in the Bordeaux Room at Hickory Knob State Resort Park, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. No experience necessary. Bring your projects and enjoy a day of stitching.
Mark your calendars: Wednesday, Aug. 14; Thursday, Aug. 22; and Thursday, Aug. 29.
Community Threads is a program of the McCormick Arts Council at the Keturah (MACK). For more information, contact the MACK at 864-852-3216 or Belinda at quilting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Elbert Theatre Foundation will present a one-night-only performance by Metro Atlanta’s favorite jazz and swing band the Capitol City Xpress on Saturday, Aug. 17 at the Elbert Theatre, 100 S. Oliver St. at 7 p.m. All tickets are reserved seating admission. Call 706-283-1049 or email email@example.com for reservations.
• Aug. 18: Spaghetti fundraiser following the worship service. Dine in or take out. Adults $6. Children $4 (age 13 and under). Spaghetti with meat sauce, slaw, bread and dessert. Proceeds will go toward replacement of central AC unit.
• Aug. 18: Homecoming services begin with Sunday school at 10 a.m. Pastor Melvin L. Gordon will deliver the word. Dinner will be served.
• Aug. 19-22: Annual summer revival at 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Leonard O. Griffin, pastor of Morris Street Baptist Church in Charleston. The Rev. Melvin Gordon is pastor.
• Aug. 18: Annual homecoming services, beginning at 11 a.m. The speaker will be the Rev. Willie Haskell. Dinner will be served.
• Aug. 19-22: Annual revival services at 7 p.m. The revivalists for the week are as follows: Monday and Tuesday, Elder Dr. Derrick Scott, presiding elder of Abbeville/Greenwood District; Wednesday night, the Rev. Eric T. Butler, pastor of St. Phillip Baptist Church in Langley; and Thursday, the Rev. Melvin Searles Sr., pastor of Pleasant Lane Baptist Church in Edgefield. The Rev. Keith F. Gordon is pastor.
• Aug. 18: Homecoming service, beginning with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11:15 a.m. Dinner will be served after the service.
• Aug. 19-21: Revival. Monday night – the Rev. Mitchell Glover, pastor of Spring Grove Baptist Church in Mt. Carmel. Tuesday night – the Rev. Angeleen Walker of Rock of Ages Missionary Baptist Church in Hephzibah, Ga. Wednesday night – the Rev. Joe Calwise of Springfield Baptist Church in Calhoun Falls.
• Aug. 18: Homecoming services, beginning with church school at 10 a.m. and worship service at 11:15 a.m.
• Aug. 19-23: Revival services at 7 p.m. Speakers are as follows: Monday, Bro. Adam E. Bryant Sr. of Mt. Hebron A.M.E. Church; Tuesday, the Rev. JoAnn Burton of Allen Temple A.M.E. Church; Wednesday, the Rev. Dr. Derrick Scott, Elder of Abbeville-Greenwood Dist.; Thursday, the Rev. Melton Aiken, Mt. Zion A.M.E. Church in Hodges; and Friday, the Rev. Barry Caldwell of New Hope Baptsit Church. The Rev. Paul N. Wharton is pastor.
• Aug. 24: Prayer breakfast at 9 a.m. at The Place of Change, 19 Midway Dr., Abbeville. The speaker will be the Rev. Elder Dr. Derrick Scott.
The Mims High School Class of 1968 will meet each month on the fourth Sunday at 4 p.m. at the MACK.
• Aug. 25: Homecoming, beginning with regular service at 9 a.m.
• Aug. 26-28: Revival at 7 p.m. The speaker will be the Rev. Michael Benton of Fairfield Baptist Church, Lavonia, Ga.
The family reunion for the descendants of Perry and RuthElla Brown will be Sunday, Aug. 25 at 1 p.m. at the Corps of Engineers Recreation, Shelter One, in Parksville. Bring a covered dish and tea/lemonade/soft drink of your choice. Cups, napkins, silverware, ice and some tea will be provided. Contact Joyce McDaniel Koss at 803-279-1416.
The McCormick High School Class of 1982 will have a class meeting on Saturday, Aug. 31 at 3 p.m. at the McCormick County Library. Plans are being made for homecoming, which is Sept. 20, and other events.