Youth and Parent Peer Support Listening Session
The goal of this listening session is to identify the need for respite services in the Lakelands area. The session is open to youth between the ages of 10-24, with behavioral and mental health challenges and for their parents. The sessions will be offered separately. Youth Peer Support Providers will facilitate the discussion with the youth, and the Parent Peer Support Provider will facilitate the parent session. The listening session will be held on Saturday, November 2, 2019, from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
The sessions are free and lunch will be provided. RSVP required 803-772-5210 or toll free at 866-779-0402.
• Nov. 3: Homecoming at 11 a.m. with special guest speaker Nick Lackey. Lunch will be served following the service.
• Nov. 3: Pastor Appreciation Day at 2 p.m. The guest speaker will be the Rev. Jerry Allen Aiken of Greenwood.
Community Threads will hold regular open sew sessions at Hickory Knob State Resort Park, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. No experience necessary. Bring your projects and enjoy a day of stitching.
Mark your calendars: Thursday, Nov. 7 in the Bordeaux Room. Wednesday, Nov. 13 in the Barn. Thursday, Nov. 21 in the Bordeaux Room.
Community Threads is a program of the McCormick Arts Council at the Keturah (MACK). For more information, contact the MACK at 864-852-3216 or Belinda at [email protected]
Encore Productions will present Pat Cook’s nostalgic holiday tale “Dad’s Christmas Miracle” at the Elbert Theatre Nov. 8-10 and Nov. 15-17. Performances on Fridays and Saturdays are at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Advance tickets are $11 for adults and $9 for students and groups. Tickets will be $16 at the door. All tickets are reserved seating admission. Call 706-283-1049 or email [email protected] to make your ticket reservations.
• Nov. 9: Old Timey Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This event is based on the book “Her Way: The Remarkable Story of Hephzibah Jenkins Townsend.” Hepzibah was an inspiration to many in South Carolina as she worked diligently to support mission work. Come dressed in vintage attire for prizes, sign up for tea time, browse the homemade craft fair, play games, watch artisan demonstrations and have some lunch.
• Nov. 10: Third pastoral anniversary for Dr. Linda M. Tucker at 3 p.m. with the Rev. Michael Butler and New Hope Baptist Church as the special guests. Meet at the springs.
• Nov. 10: The 59th Anniversary of Lloyd Cannady Jr. & The Flying Clouds of SC will be held at 5 p.m. Included in the program will be The Singing Stars of Brooklyn, N.Y., the Rev. Billy Smith & The Radio Angels, The Glorious Kings, Elder Derrick Scott & The Praise Team and the Light of Life Men’s Gospel Chorus. The Rev. Albert Bell is pastor.
McCormick County Government offices will be closed Nov. 11 for Veterans Day.
• Nov. 12-14: Three-night community faith crusade at 7 p.m. with the evangelist Apostle Alvin Deal. For more information, call Deal at 864-377-6400. The Rev. Fred M. Armfield is pastor.
The Red Fez Shrine Club will hold a hash sale Nov. 16 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Hwy. 378 East. Hash will be $8 per quart.
• Nov. 17: Deadline for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.
• Nov. 17: The Other Side Gospel Group love offering concert at 11 a.m. Evening services at 6 p.m. during the winter months.
• Nov. 20: Supernatural breakthrough service with Apostle Ronald Ssali at 7:30 p.m.
Moores Empowerment Foundation Inc. will present the Fall 4 Wellness Health Fair Saturday, Nov. 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Edgefield Gym, 380 Church Street, Edgefield. Mobile screenings, 8:30 – 10 a.m.; breakfast, 9:15 – 9:45 a.m.; workshop, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.; and lunch, noon – 1 p.m. The event is free. Call 803-480-7268 or 864-992-9501.
The Mims High School Class of 1968 will meet each month on the fourth Sunday at 4 p.m. at the MACK.
• Nov. 24: Thanksgiving feast following the 11 a.m. service.
• Nov. 24: Plate sale beginning at 11 a.m. Hot dog plates (two hot dogs, chips and a drink) $5. Chicken salad plates (4 oz. chicken salad, crackers, chips and a drink) $6. Dessert: slice of cake $1. Call Sylvia Callaham at 864-993-1145.
• Nov. 24: McCormick Community Thanksgiving Service at 6:30 p.m. The Rev. Michael Butler, pastor of New Hope Missionary Baptist Church will bring forth the word.
McCormick County Government will be closed Nov. 28 – 29 for Thanksgiving.